Sunday, January 28, 2024

Winter Challenges

And I'm not talking about the challenging frigid weather we've just experienced! Thank goodness we're warming up in a bit.  Hi everyone! January is typically a slow scrapping month for me...something about the holiday season ending and the dreary weather outside just saps my mojo.  I did get inspired by some challenges, though, so let's take a look!
 
The first challenge I participated in was a Big Photo challenge at Just Art Scrapbooking. I hadn't gotten around to scrapping this family photo from Christmas 2022, and as you can see, it's a big photo by default!
 

 
I used Frostell by Lynn Grieveson for the layout:

 
Another challenge that caught my eye was the Through the Lens Challenge at Oscraps. You were asked to scrap a photo of something up close. Since I had recently taken this photo of some Christmas treats, I decided to create a page for my recipe binder:
 

 I used the wonderful kit Cracked Egg Kit by Karen Schulz:

 
I also used the kit for the Copy Cat Challenge at Oscraps this month. Your layout was to be lifted from a layout by Christa, aka cfile, and had to refer to coffee in some way. Here's the layout I chose for inspiration:
 

Here's my take on it:
 
 
My last layout to show you today was done for the White Space challenge, again at Just Art. Since this weekend is Color Play at Oscraps, I grabbed an offering by Sweet Doll Designs called Forever Yours: Family:


This is the layout I created:


As always, Color Play releases are on sale for 50% off through the weekend and into Monday evening, so check out this month's collection HERE, and make sure you come back to see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment