Saturday, August 26, 2023

Wrapping Up August

Hi everyone!  Am I the only one who is sad that we are headed into the last week of August, which also means that summer is winding down? While I love the cooler weather and gorgeous colors of autumn, I always wish that summer stayed around a little longer each year.
 
Even though we have some of the month left, I'm posting today because it is Color Play weekend at Oscraps!  As always, the designers at the shop have created dozens of color coordinating products that are on sale for 50% off through Monday evening.
 
I grabbed portions of the Color Crush 69 Bundle by Joyful Heart Designs: 

 
Jenn has always designed gorgeous paper packs, but her foray into adding element packs made this bundle a must-have! I created this layout:
 
 
While we're here, I'll catch you up on the other pages I've done this month. As usual, challenges are always an inspirational starting point, and this month was no exception. I created this first layout for the White Space Challenge at Oscraps. Not only were you limited to using only 1/4 of the page for your design, you were also only allowed to use 7 design elements in addition to your photo:

I love how it cam out, but I think I'm going to tweak it to make the cluster a bit bigger. I used Moms Mental Health Bundle by Connection Keeping, which I've shown you before:
 

Another challenge at Oscraps this month is the Copycat Challenge. Click the challenge name to see the layout we were given for inspiration, and then look at my take on it:


I used a gorgeous new release from Palvinka Designs called Seaside Serenity Collection:

My last challenge layout for today is this one, done for the 52 Inspirations Challenge:

 

If you recall, 52 Inspirations is a yearly subscription service at Oscraps that gives you a free product every week for a year!  If you prefer, each weekly release is also available for purchase as a separate product. For my layout I used Uplifted Flutterbees from mixed media by Erin, which was the product released this past Monday:
 

That brings us to the end of today's post! I've been so busy I'm not sure how soon I'll be posting next, but when I do, I hope you come back and see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment