Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Summertime Scraps!

Oh my, I can't believe that it's the last day of June already! I have been so preoccupied with my real life that I just noticed that I haven't posted here for a month. Well, on second thought, not so surprising, as I just haven't been scrapping a lot lately either. That means today you get a month's worth of pages in one post!
 
First up is a layout I did using a kit from a designer at Oscraps whose products I don't often gravitate to, Lorie Davison. Here is her kit  called The Poet's Keepsakes:

 
I chose it because I wanted to scrap this photo I took of a vintage car a while back. I was at a local park and happened upon it right there in the parking lot. I ran a watercolor action on the photo to really give it an old-time feel, and then scrapped it:

Here's another layout for a focus on a specific designer at Oscraps. AFT Designs hosts a monthly challenge, and this layout was done for a challenge that required you to use a floral cluster:

I used her kit Peridot Pleasures:

 
(Fun fact: the peridot is my birthstone, but it's a shade of green that I'm not particularly fond of; I have to admit, though, that it looks great paired with the shades of black in the kit and was perfect for my photo)
 
On to more challenge layouts! This next page was done for a Heritage Challenge at Oscraps. The twist was that you had to move away from the traditional heritage colors of brown, gray, sepia, etc.  I came across this photo of a beloved uncle, and since his wife had a little fun with the photo, I thought I would too:
 
 
In addition to a couple of collabs by the Oscraps Design Team--- Joy and Live Life, I used this fun pack of retro papers by Joanne Brisebois for the required splash of color:
 
 
Next, here's a layout I did for the monthly Finish the Sentence challenge at Just Art Scrapbooking. The prompt was "Let's enjoy...":

 
 
I used  Cattitude by After Midnight Designs:
 

One last page! This layout was done for a challenge at Oscraps that asked you to use a collab from the shop, either a store collab or just a product from a couple of designers getting together:


I used Illuminated Journal 10 by ViVa Artistry and Erin Wright: 

 
All right, all caught up once again! I'll try to not be such a stranger, and you make sure you come back too and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment