Sunday, March 21, 2021

Spring Has Sprung!

Hi everyone! Yesterday was the first day of Spring, and with it comes a little more hopeful vibe to the world. The weather was nice and I spent some time outdoors with the family, always a good thing.

This week also marks the 15th Birthday Celebration at Oscraps, which, as usual, provides for games and challenges that allow participants to earn chances at some fabulous prizes; a fantastic sale in the shop, and a brand new collab that is deeply discounted or even FREE with a $20 purchase through March 26th!  Take a look at A Brave Heart:


Here's the first layout I made with this collection, although I'm sure there will be more to come:

As usual, while I've got you here, I'm going to show you the layouts I've done since my last post. First up is this fun AJ page that I created for Vicki Robinson's March challenge that ends today:

 
 
I used this adorable kit that was featured for the challenge, Express Yourself: Change:

With March being the month of St. Patrick's Day, I participated in a couple of themed challenges at Just Art Scrapbooking. The first was a greeting card challenge:

...and the second was the ATC (artist trading card) challenge, which is appealing to me more and more:

For both projects I used A Stroke of Luck by On A Whimsical Adventure, a kit I've used before (and I'm sure I will again, I love the soft palette):

Speaking of palettes, this last layout is one I did for the current AnnaColor Challenge at Oscraps:

 
 
Here's the palette we were given to work with:

I really used a wide variety of products for my layout: FotoBlendz Overlays No. 11, Milieu WordArt Mix No. 1, Urban Threadz No. 3, Foto Glow Mix No. 1, and Artsy Stains No. 7; the bulk of the page came from a kit that was also featured for this challenge, ArtPlay Palette He:

 
 
One last challenge page to show you; this was for an Agency challenge at Oscraps. The idea being that you were working at an ad agency and you needed to create a graphic incorporating specific requirements that the "client" put forth; namely, the dimensions, framing; B&W image; the provided word art, and the theme of the dark of winter looking forward to spring. Really out of my comfort zone, but this is what I came up with:


The image I used came from Pixabay; everything else came from Make Spring Grow by Simplette Scrap:

 
That's it for today! I hope the spring season is bringing sunshine and mild temperatures to your neck of the woods. Please stop by Oscraps HERE to take part in the birthday fun, and make sure you come back and see me soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment