Saturday, June 13, 2020

Summertime Scrapping

Hi everyone! I'm here today on a sunny Saturday afternoon, catching you all up on my latest digital scrapbooking adventures. So, without further ado:

First up I have a page that I did for an AnnaLift challenge at Oscraps. If you can read the journaling, it's self-explanatory, but in a nutshell, the image we were lifting contained a lot of fractal patterns, and this layout is my take on it: 


I used a few different products: Watercolor Template Album No.2, ArtPlay Palette Beach, Stained Edge Overlays No.3, and FotoGlow Mix No. 1, all by Anna Aspnes; and Live Life Collab by the Oscraps Design Team. 

Here's another challenge layout, this time for a challenge at Just Art Scrapbooking that asked you to create a page that had a reference to magic in it:

 

This layout was chosen as a Forum Front Page Image at Just Art for June 1st, which I was happy for. I used the All About Me Collab by the Oscraps Design Team:
 
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/All-About-Me-An-Oscraps-Collaboration.html

Another Anna Aspnes challenge that I participated in is the current AnnaColor challenge. I just fell in love with this palette:

 

The host always recommends a few products that will work with the challenge, and I decided to use ArtPlay Palette Rougir:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Rougir.html 

I used it because of the vintage feel that I thought went well with this photo:


Just a few more challenge pages! Vicki Robinson, who sells at Oscraps, hosts a new art journaling challenge on her blog each month. This one was so much fun! She offered up this free collection of  Journal Prompts:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/June-2020-Challenge-Freebie-by-vicki-robinson-designs.html 

Your challenge was to randomly choose 10 of them (and by random I mean that you had to choose them without seeing what they said) and then create an AJ page using them in whatever way spoke to you. Here is my result (I did discard one strip, which was allowed):


The kit that coordinated with this particular challenge and that I used was her Time To Renew Collection :

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Time-to-Renew-Value-Collection-by-vicki-robinson-designs.html 

I also participated in a Word Art challenge at Oscraps; the word to use this time was HOPE. I believe the challenge was created against the backdrop of the pandemic, but events of the last few weeks took me in a different direction:

 

I used a variety of products in my stash for this page: Hope, Pages From My Journal: Spring, She Sewed, and Love You Every Day, all from Design by Tina; Shabby Nature {One} and Full-On Shabby (bundle 1) by Joyful Heart Designs;
and once again, Time To Renew Collection by Vicki Robinson.

Finally, here's a layout I finished just this morning, for a mask challenge at Just Art:

 

It's hard to see here, but the mask has subtle butterfly shapes along the borders, so of course, I decided to scrap another of my many butterfly photos. I mostly used the Live Life collab, but also used one of these fabulous Butterfly Effects by Foxeysquirrel:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Butterfly-Effects-FS-593261.html

One final layout, just for fun, to show off a new release by Blue Flower Art called Ocean Breeze:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Ocean-Breeze.html


That's it for today! I hope life is treating you well, and make sure you come back and see me soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment