Sunday, May 24, 2020

4th Friday Mini O's for May!

Hi everyone! This weekend we are observing the Memorial Day holiday here in the US. It's always celebrated on the 4th Monday of the month, so it's a little early this year. Due to the ongoing coronavirus issues, it is likely to be a subdued event, as many traditional gatherings are cancelled or restricted. However, we can still keep the purpose of the day in our hearts!

Another event this weekend is the monthly 4th Friday Mini O sale at Oscraps! As usual, designers at the shop have come together to create color-coordinated mini kits that will be on sale for 44% off through Monday night. Of course, I had a play with some of the offerings! Here is a very artiful (is that a word?) layout I did that was inspired by a paper pack from Maya de Groot:

 

Here is the paper pack, called Strelitzia. I googled the name to find out that the term is the scientific name for the Bird of Paradise flower, which in turn inspired the layout:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Strelitzia.html 

I also used some of an element pack from Design by Tina called Hope:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Hope.html 

Now, taking that same element pack, I did another layout with an entirely different feel, this time using a paper from Joyful Heart Designs called Shabby Nature {one}:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Shabby-Nature-one.html 

 Here is that layout! See how versatile these products can be?

 

Since we're here, I want to catch you up on a couple of challenge layouts I've done this month so far. This first one is a page done for the recent AnnaColor Challenge at Oscraps. I loved this particular palette; my bedspread has these colors!

 

Here's my layout, using a photo my daughter took a couple of years ago while on vacation:

 

And, here are the products I used; ArtPlay Palette Beach:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Beach.html 

I also used a photo mask from this template pack:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/WaterColor-Template-Album-No.-2.html 

 Another challenge I completed was one that asked participants to create a page using products that can be found in the rather extensive collection of Freebies in the Oscraps shop. I scrapped a photo of a butterfly I took at the butterfly house in the Detroit Zoo:

 

I used Flight of the Butterflies and Authentic by Maya de Groot, Wrinkles by Vickie Stegall, and SkribbleBlooms No.1 by Anna Aspnes, which can all be found for free in the Oscraps shop...just click on the product names to be taken there!

Alright, all caught up again! If you want to take advantage of the 4th Friday sale, check it out HERE before Monday evening; stay safe, and make sure you come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment