Thursday, July 26, 2018

The End of An Era

Hi everyone! In my last post, I brought the news that Kim, of Kimeric Kreations and owner of The Digichick, had died. Before her passing, she had put in motion plans to transfer ownership of TDC to another designer; however, cancer took her before enough progress had been made in that transition to allow the site to continue functioning as a viable business. To that end, I'm sorry to let you know that The Digichick will be closing on July 31st.

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/

I have been on several Creative Teams over the last nine years, both designer- and store-based, and sometimes several at a time, but for the last few years The Digichick was my only team. While I love the comaraderie and the ability to work with all sorts of digital goodies (for free!), it has recently been somewhat of a challenge for me to meet some of the requirements of a team, in terms of creative production and involvement.

So, I've decided that once TDC closes its doors I'm not going to actively seek another CT position. I want to focus on taking better photos, and I want to be able to spend my scrapping time learning some new techniques without the pressure of a deadline for getting a layout done. I'll probably be hopping around the different scrapbooking sites, something I haven't had time to do before. That means my posts here will be far fewer and in between, but when I do create a page, I'll definitely put it here for the few of you who follow along to take a peek!

Having said that, there is one final New Release from The Digichick that I want to show you. The Design Team came together one last time to create a collab that has morphed into somewhat of a tribute to Kim. Here's a look at Good Times, Crazy Friends:

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Good-Times-Crazy-Friends-a-TDC-Designer-Collab.html

I was touched by this photo of Kim and decided to incorporate it into a layout using the collab:


You can grab the collection HERE in the shop through the end of the month. Kim had set up a retirement sale for her products that is also ongoing until the shop closes. I created another layout, this time of her and Eric together, using her Family Affair bundle:


Again, The Digichick shop will close for good on July 31st, so check it out HERE while you still can! I'll see you around digiscrap land, and when I've got new layouts to show you after all, I hope you will come back and see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment