Thursday, February 28, 2013

New This Week at The Digichick!

Hi all! Well, here it is, the last day of February. Everyone is saying today that they can't believe how quickly the month flew by. But that means spring is just a little closer, right? I know I told you my next post would likely be a Photo-A-Day update, but I thought I'd wait until I got both February pages done before I showed them to you. In the meantime, I have a couple of new releases from The Digichick to show you!

Liz of Sweet Digi Scraps released this Alice In Wonderland themed kit called We're All Mad:


The color palette really caught my eye, but instead of going all out with the colors, I ended up making a white-space page that just used a couple of elements for some pops of interest:


Next up is this fun, totally cute collaboration between Wishing Well Creations and Pixel Gypsy that's a celebration of monsters, but not the Halloween kind. No, it zeroes in on the way the little people in our lives can sometimes be, well, monsters:


As you can see, Monstrously Cute contains a main kit with coordinating boy- and girl- themed mini kits, all of which can be had separately if you don't need the whole bundle. I initially wasn't going to work with this collection, and then it hit me. I had the makings of a layout that had been living in my subconscious ever since I acquired temporary custody of my Mom's photo albums. I grabbed a template by Amber Morrison, and this is the result:


I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this layout. I love the story it tells, I love the way the cute little monsters mimic the expressions in the photos, and I even love the way the colors and patterns of the kit work so well with the older photos. I hope you enjoy looking at it too!

Alrighty then! March comes tomorrow, and rest assured that will bring new fun things to see in my digiscrapping world, so make sure you come back and see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment