Friday, September 29, 2023

Out of September

Hi everyone! After my gangbuster start to the month, I hit another patch of no scrapping mojo. I have been busy at work, and I embarked on a home improvement project that has been occupying a large area of my brain. On the plus side, I did get to spend some time with friends and family in the last couple of weeks, so it's all good!
 
This last weekend of September brings us to the monthly Color Play collection at Oscraps, with coordinating products on sale for 50% off through Monday evening. The palette that the designers had to work with is truly gorgeous, full of fall colors.  I only took the time to work with one set of products - fabulous papers and elements by Maya DeGroot; interestingly enough, she didn't use the bolder colors of the palette and went a little more subtle:

 

  and Elements:


The colors perfectly coordinated with a photo I took last November:

 
While I have your attention, take a look at another kit I grabbed a couple of weeks ago. I love the bright colors in this Lime in the Coconut Collection from Mixed Media by Erin:


I used it for two layouts! The first is this page done for the Tic Tac Toe challenge at Oscraps:

 
Then, I traveled into uncharted territory and created this page for the Color Challenge at Just Art Scrapbooking. I'm sure you can guess what this month's color was! I've wanted to do a mandala-type design for quite some time now, and I thought the whimsical feel of this collection was well-suited:

 
It took me a while to do, but future layouts should come along a little easier now that I have my workflow ironed out. I am going to try this again soon!
 
That's it for today! Check out this month's Color Play collection HERE while everything is on sale for 50% off (through Monday night!). Next Saturday is Digital Scrapbooking Day, and there just might be a few sales going on at Oscraps starting on Monday, so check the shop out HERE, and make sure you come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment