Saturday, April 22, 2023

Challenging April

Hi everyone! Times flies, as the saying goes, even if you don't have much motivation to get things done, which has been the case for me lately. So instead of being productive, I've been reading up a storm, and tackling the occasion digiscrapping challenge when the mood strikes.  Here's the result so far this month, all projects that were inspired by challenges!
 
First up is this layout I did for this month's Creative Techniques challenge at Oscraps, as well as the April Music challenge at Just Art Scrapbooking. The technique this month was to take a photo and modify it by applying at least 3 filters. Luckily, there was a handy tutorial to follow, since I don't use filters a lot and I don't think I've ever used three!  This is the result:
 
 
 
I used ArtPlay Palette Bicycle by Anna Aspnes Designs, which ended up being an excellent choice, since my layout was chosen as the inspiration for the current Anna Lift challenge!
 

Another challenge at Just Art this month is a signature challenge, one I always enjoy. I used to host siggy challenges at The Digichick all the time. I wanted a spring vibe for my new siggy:
 
 
I used Blossom Bundle by Vicki Stegall Designs, which happens to be on sale for the month of April at Oscraps:

 
I needed more of that bundle in my life, so I also used it for the Momma O challenge at Oscraps, which asked you to use one of Vicki's products to scrap about the current weather where you live:
 
 
With the closing of The Digital Press, the team at Oscraps welcomed one of TDP's designers, Wendy Page, as a guest designer in April! Her products lend themselves to a more traditional style of scrapping, and I grabbed a kit right away for the April Sketch challenge at Oscraps:


 
This next layout has an interesting story behind it; my old laptop is dying, so I bought a new one, and am in the process of transferring all my files over. I was going through my bookmarks in Firefox and was reminded of a page I hadn't visited in a long time: http://recursivedrawing.com/. The program was created as a college thesis and explores all sorts of mathematical concepts. Plus, it lets you make some pretty neat designs! I went down the rabbit hole, ending up some time later with a reasonable representation of a tree, and decided to put it in a layout, in this case for the current Quote challenge at Oscraps:

 
 
I used A Beautiful Mess by TaylorMade Designs:
 

Time to wrap it up! Here's my last layout to show you for today, one that I did for the current Font challenge at Oscraps. I was able to spend some time outdoors today in honor of Earth Day and decided to scrap some photos I took:

 
 
I used Tones of Green by Palvinka Designs, which I've shown you before, but is gorgeous enough for another look:


Thank you for sticking with me this far! Next weekend is Color Play time at Oscraps, so if for no other reason, I'll be back then to show you this month's goodies. Have a good week, and make sure you come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment