Sunday, January 5, 2014

Farewell to 2013

My Photo-a-Day project for 2013, that is!

Hi all!  Yesterday I finished up my last pages of the project, which I consider to be only a moderate success.  Why?  Well, I have no photos for July, since the site that I started the project with abruptly stopped offering prompts and it took me a while to find a new site so that I could keep on going.  Also, even though I gave myself permission to skip days if the prompt for that day didn't resonate with me, I still ended up feeling bad for not actually taking more photos.  So many times I had every intention of taking that day's photo and just didn't.  Even cheating a bit by going back and taking photos later in the month didn't help much.  So. I'm going to take a break in 2014.  Here are my pages for November and December 2013. As always with this project, all the templates and supplies came from Laura of Wishing Well Creations:







See how the second half of November only had 3 photos?  Fail!  lol.  It's not all bad, though.  Just like my Project Life in 2010, doing this project did open my eyes to the things around me that might seem mundane but still had enough merit to warrant a photo.  So, I'll probably still randomly snap photos just to amuse myself or to incorporate into a regular layout if I feel like it. 

I hope that in 2014 you will come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment