Sunday, January 26, 2014

Challenges

And I'm not talking about the weather!  Hi all!  Cold enough for ya?  I am more than a little tired of the weather this winter, even though we haven't personally suffered as much as others.

I've had a little bit of scrapping down time, so I decided to participate in some challenges at The Digichick.  This first layout is for a challenge that asked you to use some "snow" themed elements on your page.  Not a tough call, I had just the photos, two images of my poor little Dwarf Alberta Spruce taken about a week apart!


The journaling is a little hard to read, but it basically just complains about the snow and record low temperatures we have had so far, lol!  I used  Sugar Sands Boardwalk Christmas by Etc. by Danyale and Snow Much Fun by Stellajane Design.  Danyale is retiring a lot of her products this month and is offering them at a deep discount, so you may want to check out her shop before the end of the month!

The other challenge I did is an Art Journaling challenge, asking you to incorporate the word "laugh" on your page.  I wanted to go photoless for this page, so I found a quote about laughter and scrapped that:


The challenge started you off with some free papers and elements, and for the rest of the layout I used bits and pieces from A Moment, Recipe Box, Timeless Moments, and Here and Now, all by Etc. by Danyale.

Both challenges and more are on until the end of the month, so you can still enter them!  Of course, February will bring new challenges, and that month I will be intimately involved in two of them, so make sure you come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment