Friday, November 15, 2013

Seasonal

Hi all!  How's the weather in your neck of the woods?   We had our first snow of the fall earlier this week!  Seasons are definitely changing here , both in real life and in the scrapping world.  Holiday kits are making an appearance, and I played with some seasonal releases this week.

First of all, Thanksgiving and the Jewish holiday Hanukkah fall on the same day this year, which apparently happens very rarely.  The event is being called Thanksgivukah, and Kim of Kimeric Kreations was asked to create a kit for the occasion.  It's called, simply enough, Thanksgivukah:

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Thanksgivukah.html

I had some photos from Thanksgiving last year that hadn't been scrapped yet, and this kit was perfect for that:


Giny Scraps has released a kit that addresses the effect that darker days and longer nights can have on folks, called Autumn Depression:


Luckily, the kit is bright enough to scrap happy pages too!  We had some discussion on the team whether to scrap happy or sad pages.  I rarely (actually, almost never) scrap sad, moody pages, but a recent photo my sister sent me was lingering in the back of my mind and this kit seemed a perfect fit for how the photo made me feel:


I have a happy page I'm going to scrap with this kit too, so I hope you will come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment