Sunday, April 3, 2011

This n That

This is a long post, so grab a snack and get comfy! I've been sort of lax with posting my projects lately, so I thought I'd spend this rainy Sunday getting all caught up.

First are some new goodies from geniaBeana Scraps. ScrapMatters has started a new monthly event where all the shop designers create mini kits from the same palette that allow scrappers to mix and match. Here's the palette, and then a layout I did using Val's dotty cardstock pack, element pack, and alpha:



ScrapMatters also recently wrapped up their Design Star challenge, where aspiring designers competed for an apprenticeship with the SM Design Team. The site hosted challenges for scrappers to participate in for fun. Week 2 of the competition gave us a template to use to create a layout using just papers that the contestants created for that week. Here's my page, using papers from 4 different designers, and a few ellies from geniaBeana's kit Autumnal:


By the final week of the contest, the designers were creating full kits, and we got to pick one kit and do a layout. Here's a page I did using a kit called Bugged by Dream Big Designs (catchy name, huh? Almost the same as my blog name :)):


I'm tickled to say that this layout was chosen as a gallery standout over at SM!

Then there's all the regular monthly challenges that the various forums host. They're so wonderful for gaining inspiration and getting a jump start on creating layouts. This first layout is from a SM challenge that taught you how to merge photos together to create a panoramic view. I blended 3 photos from our family trip to Hawaii in 2003:


(kit: Life's Little Surprises by the SM Design Team)

This next page is for a challenge that asked you to create a very simple page, which I tend to do anyways:


(kit: Basically Elegant by genia Beana Scraps)

Here's a layout done for a challenge that asked you to cut shapes out of an upper paper so that a paper underneath can peek through:


That's one cute little girl, don'tcha think? The kit is Sweet Memories by geniaBeana Scraps.

Finally, here is a layout for a template challenge:


The kit is Spring Sunset by geniaBeana Scraps, just recently released st ScrapMatters.

Moving on over to Scrappity Doo Dah, here is a layout I did for a scraplift challenge:


I posted this layout at ScrapMatters too, where it was chosen to be featured on their gallery standout blog too! I used the kit Spring Forward by Dylabel Designs.

This next layout was done for an ad challenge, where the host finds an advertisement, usually from a magazine, and has us use it for inspiration:


The kit is Spring Scrappiness by Dylabel Designs.

The color challenge gives you a palette that you need to incorporate into your layout. The kit Aglow by Dylabel Designs was perfect for this photo:


SDD is also doing an ABC challenge. February's letter was A, and March's was B, so I went with B is for Beautiful:


Kit: Dragonfly Wishes, a collab kit from geniaBeana Scraps and Dylabel Designs.

Finally, many forums offer a challenge where the designer host creates a mini kit and asks you to make a layout using all the parts of the kit. That was how I came to make this page using a minikit called I Paint the Spring by Alla Design:


Well, that's it for now. I'll have some new goodies to show you next week, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment