Sunday, March 1, 2020

Wrapping Up February

Hi all! Well, my plan to post more often during February didn't quite pan out---I was too preoccupied with getting all my daily challenges done for the month-long event at Sweet Shoppe Designs I told you about in my last post. I did mange to complete all 29 of the challenges, but had to play some serious catch-up yesterday to finish before the deadline!  But finish I did, so here are the layouts I started to show you in my last post, and then I have a few other Oscraps layouts I wanted to post.

This first page was done for a Pocket Letter challenge. We were given a digital image of a binder insert and were told to fill it as if it was a real pocket letter. I had heard of pocket scrapping but not pocket letters, as was true for a lot of other participants. You can find out more about pocket letters HERE. Anyhow, here is my page:


Another challenge was to "mash it up" by using products from two different designers. I'm usually a one-kit scrapper but have been getting better at borrowing from a variety of products to get a layout done:

This next layout was for a slow scrap, where you were given a series of directions to follow, spread out through the day via their Instagram account:

 

Here we have a layout that was made for a recipe challenge; you had to use a specific number of photos, papers, elements, etc:


This next challenge was pretty fun; we were given this image and were asked to scrap a layout using whatever we took as inspiration from it:


...and here is my take on it:


Another challenge had a "currently" theme; we had to scrap about a topic that was relevant for us right now:


Each day you participated you received a portion of a collaborative kit to download, and one of the final challenges was to use one of the templates you would have received. I liked this template:

This next page was also for a template challenge, but everyone was given the same template to work with:

 

Okay! I think that's all of the layouts for the SSD event! I'm too lazy to list the products I used for each layout, but if you need to know, you can look up the pages in my SSD gallery HERE and find the information you need. On to some Oscraps layouts!

Here is a free minikit that was offered for the Use It All challenge in February:

 

You couldn't use anything besides what was in the mini. Here is what I came up with:


ViVa Artistry released a new kit that was requested by a customer of hers. Here is Amazing Thailand:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Amazing-Thailand.html 

While the kit is pretty versatile, how fortunate that my oldest daughter is traveling in Southeast Asia right now, and had some photos from Thailand I could scrap!


Finally, I have one last layout, done for a mask challenge at Just Art Scrapbooking. I used a lovely kit from Natali Design called Captured Love, which I have shown you before, but here it is again:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Captured-Love.html

...and here is my layout:


Whew! I think I'm all caught up again! The month of March will bring a whole new set of opportunities for scrapping, plus, the winner of the SSD even will be announced in the next few days. I'd love to tell you if I won the $100 first prize, so make sure you come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment