Saturday, March 21, 2020

Scrapping In Place

Hi everyone! There are so many things we could be celebrating this month---the recent St. Patrick's Day holiday, the first day of spring, and so on, but of course the subject that trumps all other discussions is the COVID-19 pandemic. With the mandate to practice social distancing and the fact that I've had a little time off work, I have had lots of free time to get a whole lot o' scrapping done. Here's a recap:

I regularly participate in monthly challenges at Jut Art Scrapbooking, and here are a couple of layouts I've done as a result. This first challenge was called a Mask and Elements challenge:

https://forum.justartscrapbooking.com/threads/march-mask-and-elements-challenge.139312/ 

While a lot of participants recolored things into blues or greens, I worked with the colors as they were given:

 

There was another minikit challenge at Just Art as well:

https://forum.justartscrapbooking.com/threads/rosies-mini-kit-challenge.139308/

I had a photo from my daughter' trip to Southeast Asia that lent itself well to the task:


The third challenge I've participated in so far at Just Art was an Irish Quote challenge. Luckily (no pun intended), Michele of Snapdragon Digital Creations had just released a St. Patrick's Day - themed kit called Be Irish as part of her guest-designer time at Gingerscraps:

https://store.gingerscraps.net/Be-Irish.html

Here is my challenge layout:


...and here is another page I made with the kit, just for fun!

 

Moving over to Oscraps, my digi home, I always find the challenges there can spark some creativity as well. Vicki Robinson Designs hosts a monthly challenge on her blog, and this months' challenge asked participants to create a series of Artist Trading Cards using the following template and elements:

 

She had just released a coordinating new kit called the journey, and offered bonus points to anyone that used the kit in the challenge. While I wasn't eligible for any prizes, I just had to grab the kit:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/the-journey-by-vicki-robinson-designs.html

Here is my take on the challenge:
 

Just for the fun of it and because I love the kit so much, I did this second layout:


Another designer-based challenge at Oscraps I participated in was an AnnaLift challenge, whose inspiration was this stunner by Marleen:

 

I love scrapping architectural images, so I dug up this photo I took of an old church we visited during a trip to Mexico in 2012:

 

I went with a similar style for March's White Space challenge, which asked participants to create a white space page whose main areas of interest ran along two connecting borders. Here is the result, this time using an image from Pixabay:

 

For both layouts I used bits from Anna Aspnes' ArtPlay Palette Tangier, among other things from Anna's shop:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/images/P/AASPN_ArtPlayPaletteTangier.jpg

For the lighthouse layout I also used one of the Map Splatters by Foxeysquirrel:

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Map-Splatters.html

I'm going to end this post here, but I've got some fun stuff to share with you in the next post, so make sure you wash your hands and come right back!


No comments:

Post a Comment