Thursday, August 3, 2017

Happy Birthday!

...to me! It's my birthday today, and I was planning on spending some time outdoors, but Mother Nature decided to send some thunderstorms our way today. So here I am, in the cool air conditioning, cruising through digiscrap land. Look at what's up!

The biggest news I have is that The Digichick is also celebrating a birthday, its 12th! From now through Aug 7th there are sales in the shop and fun games in the forum (with some pretty neat prizes, if I might say so). I'm hosting a Scavenger Hunt:

http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/showthread.php?65086-Scavenger-Hunt

I hope you'll stop by and check things out...the fun goes through Monday evening! Part of the festivities is also the release of the Design Team's latest collab, called Celebrate!:

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Celebrate-A-TDC-Designer-collab.html

Isn't it great? You can pick it up HERE during the weekend while it's on sale. I used a template and parts of the rest of the collab to do this layout for the font challenge at The Digichick:


Even with all the birthday fun I found time to grab a kit from this week's new regular releases to play with, a serene ode to summer by Palvinka Designs called Summer Remix:

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Summer-Remix.html

I decided to play with some blending modes a bit for this layout using one of my favorite photos from when my youngest daughter was little:


Last but not least, a new month brings a new round of challenges to the regular lineup at The Digichick. This month I'm taking it easy and hosting the Chatty Challenge, which is a perfect way to earn Chickie Points if you're short on scrapping time: 

http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/showthread.php?65103-Chatty-Challenge-August-2017

I hope you'll join me HERE for the Chatty Challenge! It runs all month, but the sooner you start, the easier it is to rack up your post count! Have a good weekend, and make sure you come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment