Sunday, March 23, 2014

Carefree

Hi all!  Is it spring yet in your neck of the woods?  The calendar here says yes but the themometer says no way!  What's a girl to do, but scrap?  ;)

Laura of Wishing Well Creations has brought the promise of outdoor days into this fun kit called Carefree:

http://pixelsandcompany.com/shop/Carefree-Kit.html

I totally fell in love with the bicycle paper and grabbed it to do this layout of a photo of my hubby when he was just a boy:


The kit is on sale for 30% off through today, so grab it quick HERE.

In other news, I got an email about the 8th birthday celebration of a scrapping site called Oscraps.  Oscraps was one of the places I hung out for a bit when I first started digi-scrapping, as a couple of designers who sold there were pretty generous with tutorials and freebies.  While I loved the style of scrapping this site represented, the skill level needed to do this type of scrapping was WAY beyond what I was capable of at the time, and I moved in other directions.  Anyways, this email prompted me to take another look, and all the fun goings-on (and yes, more freebies, lol!) prompted me to take part in a couple of challenges there.  These two layouts were done for some of those challenges:

For a scraplift challenge that had you pick the 8th layout in the gallery, rotate it clockwise, and then flip it, here is my inspiration:

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=305539&title=marsh-wren&cat=1351

My layout, using some photos I snitched from my nephew's Facebook page:


My other layout is from a challenge that offered you a mini kit and asked you to scrap a page with a winter photo but hopefully adding a bit of spring to it.   Here's a peek of the mini kit:



This is the page I came up with, using most of the mini and some items from some other products:


This second page took me several hours to do, but I had so much fun stretching my boundaries, I'm probably going to go back and try a few more challenges there.

I'll have more challenge pages  and a lovely new release to show you next week, so make sure you come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment