Thursday, August 11, 2011

Catching Up

Hi all! With all the rainy, yet hot and muggy weather around here lately, I had a choice...work on some projects around the house, or scrap? Well, grab a refreshing drink and a snack, 'cuz you can guess which way I went:

These first two layouts were done for ABC Challenges at Scrappity Doo Dah. As you may remember, we're working our way through the alphabet:


Jennifer's layout is a redo of a page I had done a couple of years ago. This time I used Captured Memories by Dylabel Designs, and guess what? This layout won Layout of the Day at Scrappity Doo Dah and got a Gallery Standout mention at ScrapMatters!

Tina is featured in my layout for the letter K. Kristina IS her given name, even though it's not what she goes by. The kit is Summer's Muse by Mandy King:


Another fun challenge at SDD was the Font Challenge, which in July asked you to create a word cloud using Wordle. I've been to that site before but had kind of forgotten about it. You should check it out! I used it to mix up all the girls' names for this layout using the Minimal Template and Kit by Dylabel Designs:


Here we have a layout I did for a scraplift challenge at SDD. The kit is You Make Me Happy by Designs by Sweet Mesquite:


These next few layouts were all done for challenges at ScrapMatters. The first is this page I did for a Template Challenge. Split-paper layouts are pretty popular right now, but I tend not to layer my papers that way unless I AM going off a template...it just doesn't come naturally to me (but that's why they're called challenges, right?):

The kit is BFF by Wm[2].

Here's another split-paper template, but this one has you split your photo too! This layout, using Verdant Splendor by geniaBeana Scraps, received a Gallery Standout nod at SDD and a mention on the Gallery Standouts blog!


ScrapMatters just celebrated their 4th birthday, and this template challenge was part of the fun:

I used Summer Cookout by geniaBeana Scraps. This layout also allowed me to participate in a challenge that asked you to use a themed kit for a page that didn't follow that theme. See those yellow flowery elements on the page? Those are actually mustard doodles from Val's cookout-themed kit that I made into flowers! This page got a Layout of the Day nod at Brownie Scraps.

Last but not least, we have this layout that I did for a Font Challenge at SM. The font (which I used for the journaling) is called sf Natalie, and the Kit and Template are both by geniaBeana Scraps.


Well, that's pretty much it for now. I'll have some new stuff to show you soon, but for now, since it's 70 degrees and sunny out today, I'm headed out into my garden for some cleanup duty. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment